Would you like to be part of progress? To support our growing number of clients, Steerco is looking for a Project Management Officer (PMO) with a strong background in the IT and Technology sector.
Steerco is an ambitious company, aiming to solve the toughest project challenges for our clients by providing services in strategy, consulting and resourcing. We drive project excellence to improve the way how projects are delivered in demanding and continuously changing environments.
Clients projects are led or supported by highly qualified professionals with many years of experience. We help structure project organizations, processes and guide delivery transformations.
Within Steerco the Project Management Office roles (PMO) are recognized experts that drive World-Class Program- and Project Management. In this way PMO is the competence owner of state of the art project methodologies. As a PMO you are the driver in supporting our clients in their overall portfolio management. Together with the program- or project manager you drive the processes, reporting and oversee scope, planning and budget.
At Steerco we always strive for improvement as well. Where possible and required, we expect our PMO to switch to a consulting role to improve overall project delivery because at Steerco we always aim to exceed the expectations of our clients.
• Bachelor’s degree required, master’s degree is a plus
• Fluent in Dutch and English
• Project Management certification (e.g. IPMA-D, Prince2 Foundation, SCRUM Master)
• Minimum of 5 years work experience in a mid-size or larger company in project or Program management support/PMO role
• Experience with guiding and leading stakeholders in a professional environment
• Experience with implementation of change and improvement projects or ability to do so
• Experience with Microsoft Office (Excel and preferably specific Office365 tools such as OneNote and MS Teams)
• Experience with Microsoft Project, Smartsheet, Clarity or related
• Experienced creating and maintaining Project Control and Management reports, i.e. Highlight Report, RAID registers, Project Products administration
• Professional and effective verbal and written communication skills and experience
• Excellent organization and planning skills
• Flexible and adaptable to supporting varying project and program methods and implementation styles
• Adaptable to working in fast paced changing working environment
• Awareness of Agile delivery methods and related management reporting is a plus
• Awareness of Agile roles of Scrum Master and Product Owner together with respective responsibilities is a plus
• Experienced with Jira or equivalent Agile tooling, e.g. Microsoft DevOps is a plus
• Fluent in English is a must (oral and written)
• Excellent communicator, being able to influence without hierarchical power, and creative in managing a large and diverse range of stakeholders;
• Strong Leadership skills; decisive, able to set priorities, give direction;
• Maintain personal effectiveness and people focus under pressure, high speed of change and uncertainty;
• Ability to guide, coach and advise at all organizational levels to effect sustainable change and improving the project and process maturity level of the organization;
• Team player, enjoys working in multidisciplinary and multicultural teams with the ability to work independently;
• Commitment : Take ownership, pro-actively drive for improvement, focus on Quality and Value Delivery;
• Able to bring structure and adhere to deliverables and rigorously drive process
• Willing to travel to our clients in the Randstad
• Support the demand management and prioritization of activities of the portfolio to meet all key deliverables to time, quality and budget
• Prepare regular progress monitoring and status reporting, providing review and challenge status and financials against plan and highlight risk and issues to stakeholders
• Manage reporting against appropriate steering group(s), as well as preparation of ad-hoc reports for senior stakeholders as required
• Prepare regular portfolio communications to all levels of the business
• Establish frameworks and standards for Portfolio, Program and Project Management governance and control that ensures detailed methods/processes/procedures on the delivery of change are maintained
• Embed and provide advice and guidance on the agreed and implemented program, project management processes, procedures, tools, frameworks and standards
• Facilitating risk workshops and delivery of RAID logs
• Provide and maintain resource capacity planning and tracking across the portfolio
• Resource Timesheet Management and finance cost allocations to projects
• Manage the portfolio planning of project and program related stage gate and key milestones
What we offer
As an experienced professional, you deserve a good overall package.
• An ambitious employer. We want the best for you and your colleagues
• A great location to work in the center of the Amsterdam South Axis
• A good salary, perfectly in line with your background
• Financial benefits program. These include special agreements concerning annual leave, pension, and other employee-friendly schemes
• Potential for growth. We offer full opportunities for growth. It’s up to you to take advantage of them
• Opportunities to learn, share knowledge and attend conferences
• Laptop and phone
• Travel cost compensation
• Opportunities for afternoon drinks and events
Do you have what it takes?
Are you in? Fill in the form at the bottom of the page to apply.
Any questions? Just call us at +31 202 444 627 or send a mail to email@example.com
Principals only. Recruiters, please don’t contact this job poster.